I decided to create this website as a way to celebrate everything I love about English Country Life. If you’re at all like me, an anglophile through and through, then I think you are going to find something here to your liking. I have a lot of ideas and hopes for this endeavor. Here are five of them.
1. English Country Life is about a way of life that is centered around the home and the creative life it shelters. I want to provide you with inspiration, ideas, and encouragement for creating your version of this lifestyle, no matter where you live or what kind of house you have. Lifestyle is more than just the things in our space. It’s also how we move through that space. It’s how we fill our days.
2. You’ll find recommendations for how and where to source your English Country Life throughout this website. There are websites, books, products, and places that I cannot wait to share with you! I want you to be able to design and create your English Country Life in the way that is authentic to you.
3. I’m passionate about helping you live authentically. It’s taken me a while to get to the place where the lifestyle that I’ve always loved is no longer on the fringes of my life but is now all of my life (another story for another day). If that’s you, then please know that saying “yes” to the best life you can have, the one that really lights you up, can feel scary. But it’s so worth it, to make that life your reality. Helping you have more of the beautiful, creative, cozy, comfortable life that’s filled with contentment, simple pleasures and joyful moments with family and friends. . . that’s what I’m here for.
4. I want My English Country Life to become a community of like-minded and like-hearted people. If what you find here speaks to your heart, I hope you will share this space with your friends! One of the most appealing things about country life is belonging to a community and being involved in what happens there. We may not all be actually living in an English village at the moment. But even so, I hope this can become our virtual village!
5. English country living is appealing because it values comfortable living, connection with the natural world, community and belonging, houses that reflect who we are; it’s a lifestyle that emphasizes finding contentment in ordinary days. Our culture has become efficiency obsessed, productivity driven, and more and more focused on how to manage our lives and improve ourselves. My English Country Life is my antidote to this mad merry-go-round life. I’m inviting you to join me. Downshift. Slow it down. Take a breath. Stop trying to manage, declutter, and hack your way to the “perfect life”. Instead, start living your imperfect life; create cozy interiors to live in that are filled with the things you love, experience everyday pleasures, spend time with people who make you smile, do something for the sheer pleasure of it.
I believe we’re all just trying to find our way home to the place where we feel like we belong. A lifestyle that feels like home becomes the background, the set design if you will, for living the best life you possibly can. That’s what My English Country Life is for me. My hope is that it will be an inspiration for you, as well, to have your absolutely best, most beautiful and creative life too!